I have been trying to fix the errors from the last week and complete the Single Output Mixer Pipeline. This cover week 11, the week from 29th July to 5th August.
Major tasks accomplished this week:
- Add extra DMA block to one HDMI_Out such that the output is synchronized and alignment errors are corrected.
- In the process read up a whole bunch of documentation on implementation of VGA Core from MIgen docs, and the HDMi_Out core is based on a similar kind of connections https://migen.readthedocs.io/en/latest/casestudies.html
- Changed layout and instantiated several modules to get two DMA engine blocks per HDMI_OUT
- Block diagrams currently being updated, current ones in the doc https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g1c2IwCVxVzSHWdXbZ746HP-fnM4y1WqFuBZNkLi5mw/edit
- Initially doing this for two outputs, but failing to make this work after several Xilinx specific errors in MAP stage.
- Fixed the errors being caused, those were because of incorrect use of
platform.request("hdmi_out", 1), because these pins aren’t used.
- Current status, DMA engine is supposed to take two base address for two video streams to be mixed, from
- In this hdmi_out0_fi_base1_write, somehow doesn’t work.
Next Week’s task:
Finish everything asap!